Due to the current COVID-19 situation, kids are learning at home and our kitchens and living rooms have become the classroom.
Our free, new app, Go Learn, is designed for parents to use with their children to help learning at home.
It is an app-based, interactive game that works like a scavenger hunt.
Go Learn keeps children engaged and inspires children to learn in a fun and active way.
Each activity follows the core curriculum for years one through to six, covering maths, English and general knowledge.
Read on to learn how Go Learn can enhance your child’s learning experience whilst at home.
How Go Learn Works
Go Learn works like a fun, interactive scavenger hunt around your home.
- Download the MooveGo app to your device, through which the game takes place.
- Print QR codes relevant to your child’s year group from our website.
- Hide these QR codes around your home. You could hide them anywhere in your home including your garden, bedroom, kitchen, lounge – get creative. You could also offer clues for where they are hidden.
- Once you have hidden all the QR codes, your child goes on a hunt for the codes.
- When they find a code, they scan it on their device via the MooveGo app.
- Your child answers the question or completes the task that pops up on the screen – this could be multiple choice, match the pairs, or solve a puzzle. Each question or task will be relevant to your child’s curriculum and what they are learning at school.
- Every task is played against the clock so don’t run out of time!
- Your score is displayed at the top of the screen.
- Each game lasts around 30-40 minutes.
How Our App Can Help Improve Learning
Scavenger hunt, QR codes, scoreboards, against the clock, puzzles. Our app is a form of gamified learning, which is proven to motivate students to learn through increased engagement, competition, problem solving, and immersive fun.
Whilst playing our game, kids will be running around and getting active. Not only is this good for their health, but physical activity also has educational benefits and helps kids learn through increasing attention, concentration, motivation, and enjoyment in learning.
Played through a touch screen device, our game is highly interactive. It promotes learning by doing and makes learning more engaging and immersive. Interactive learning is an effective way of learning, as it helps kids retain information and better solve problems.
Learning should be fun. Keeping learning fun helps kids retain information, keeps kids engaged, helps them to enjoy what they are learning, makes what they are learning more memorable, and encourages them to want to learn more.
Get Started – Play Go Learn Today
Visit our Go Learn page to learn more about the app, read the game instructions, print the QR codes, and download the free MooveGo app to your device.
If you have any questions about our app, simply give us a call on 0333 577 0024 and we’ll be happy to help.
We hope you enjoy our app and that your kids learn lots and have loads of fun!